Jackie's Maternity Must-Haves! Pregnancy Gift Guide
We love following along on our ambassadors' journeys and it's been a blast to watch Jackie Merritt's journey to soon-to-be motherhood! As a respected ultramarathoner, we've asked Jackie to share her favorite products for runners in the past, but here she's dishing on the goods that made her active pregnancy a bit (or a lot) more comfortable.
Here's a few items that the new or expectant mom is your life would love to receive this holiday season!
1. Lily Trotters (duh). All day every day! Exercising throughout pregnancy has been much more comfortable with Lily Trotters to prevent swelling and help with recovery. I can also wear Lily Trotters every day at work to prevent swelling in my feet and ankles without looking like a granny! I get compliments on these socks all the time. They are so cute that people can't believe they are actually compression socks!
2. Hoka Clifton 5 Shoe - The best pregnancy running/walking shoe with perfect cushioning and lots of room for foot expansion.
3. Brooks Juno Sports Bra - If you are planning to continue exercising throughout pregnancy, you won't regret the dollars you spend on a new sports bra that fits and makes exercising more comfortable. This is the only sports bra that has worked for me and my "new anatomy." It also functions as a nursing bra for after baby arrives.
4. Pregnancy Pillow - Can't live without! I have the Queen Rose Pregnancy Pillow and love it.
5. Maternity Underwear - I waited way too long to buy these but they make everyday life a lot more comfortable! I like the Motherhood Maternity brand that I have.
We'd like you to keep in mind that an experience is an awesome gift for a new or expectant mom, too. A gift certificate for a massage or a visit to get her hair done can be just what she needs to feel refreshed. What were some of the things or experiences that made your pregnancy a bit easier? Leave a comment below!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Blog
Gift giving can be MORE fun than receiving when you are certain your loved ones are going to LOVE the gifts you purchased for them. When it comes to finding the perfect gift for the RUNderful person in your life, who better to ask about the best running gear than seasoned athletes and elite runners? We surveyed our ambassadors and other athletes we admire to find out which products they trust to make their runs comfortable, pain free and FUN! Check out the top rated products from our favorite #unstoppable women runners and surprise the runner in your life with a gift she's sure to enjoy!
'Tis the season for hoping your gift-filled luggage squeaks by under the weight limit, praying you don't miss your connecting flight and hurrying up just to sit still in traffic with everyone else who at that very moment do not seem to be embracing the spirit of the holidays. Of course, spending time with friends and family over the holidays is good for the soul and if it comes with a few travel related hiccups that's okay. We've compiled a list of a few products we think will make your time spent en-route to your final destination a bit more enjoyable!
It’s no big secret that good food and good health go hand in hand. A healthy diet can prevent a number of diseases that tend to manifest with age. Whether you’re looking to fight winter germs or reduce your risk of heart disease there is a wealth of information from doctors, researchers, naturopaths and more that can help keep you on track for a healthy future. In this post we’ll be discussing food that is known to prevent and fight cancer, something that has most likely impacted you or someone you know. But what specific foods have been known to reduce the risk of cancer or help fight the disease post-diagnosis? We’ve listed a few below.